Mindful Paraeducators’ Lead to Succeed Program
The Mindful Paraeducators’ Lead to Succeed Program was created by Roma Khetarpal to educate, empower, and motivate Paraprofessionals with tools to build positive relationships between Paraprofessionals and children and enhance children’s ability to flourish.
We bring science-supported tools of mindful communication and emotional intelligence in this customized workshop designed to empower, teach, support, and equip Paraeducators with mindful communication and emotional management skills.
The Paraeducators program launched in the Saugus Union School District in Santa Clarita with close to 200 attendees impacting 1500 children.
The program is designed to:
- Positively enhance the relationship and experience of both Paraprofessionals and children, individually and collectively.
- Provide Paraprofessionals with tools to enhance mindfulness and social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Successfully minimize the number of complaints from children, parents, and Paraprofessionals.
- Minimize the time spent by faculty and administrators in managing issues that arise during class hours, lunch, play, and recess time, increasing the time value of money for the overarching school and district.
The way we talk, interact, and manage emotions is critical to a child’s academic and life success. Aligning with her purpose and passion to raise kids to be happy, think positive, and do good, Roma Khetarpal extracts the cutting-edge, science-supported, mindful communication, and emotional intelligence tools for this program from her award-winning book, The “Perfect” Parent.
Roma guides the attendees through her 5 steps and interactively looks at the most common school issues and how to use mindful communication and emotional intelligence to solve them.
At the end of each interactive session, staff are fully supported with the following takeaways…
- TOG Mindful Play Leader Toolbox
- Badges with mini toolboxes for easy daily reference
- TOG completion certificate
- 4-session program (3 1/2 hours each) – this is our most comprehensive program and will go through all the Tools of Growth.
- The comprehensive program can be tailored to meet a 5-session, 3-session, or 2-session requirement.
- A 1-session educators’ program is also available.
Each program is customized to your school’s specific needs. Please contact us to find out more information and to discuss having Roma lead a workshop for your district or individual school.
“Roma provides a wonderful presentation and touches the heart of each participant. She provides strategies and tools to help individuals who work with children be successful in their daily interactions. Roma’s real-life stories told during the presentations makes the audience connect and learn more about positive interactions with all students. Thank you, Roma, for your passion and dedication to ensure our students have the support and love they need to be successful.” – Isa De Armis, Assistant Superintendent of Education Services
“I realized I needed much more help than I thought. Thank you so much. This was the best conference I ever attended.” – Workshop Attendee
“Very useful tools and tips to deal with strong emotions and disruptive behaviors while using mindfulness and empathy.” – Workshop Attendee
“I received new hope. Tools to use that will come naturally. Things like breathing to keep my mind, emotions in check to help not just my student but to use at home.” – Workshop Attendee
“Great ideas and research shared to empower me and my co-workers to be a mindful, relational paraeducator.” – Workshop Attendee
“Excellent techniques to implement in class. Made me aware of areas I need to improve. I valued the honesty and humor of the speaker.” – Workshop Attendee
Get the book!
Get simple communication tools in Roma Khetarpal's book, The "Perfect" Parent.Learn More...