School Bus/Transportation Programs
Mindful Bus Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Program for School Bus Drivers
Bringing science-supported tools of mindful communication and emotional intelligence to your school’s transportation department, The Mindful Bus Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Program is a customized workshop designed to empower, teach, support, and equip school bus drivers. The way we talk, interact, and manage emotions is critical to a child’s growth, learning, and life success. In keeping with her purpose and passion to raise kids to be happy, think positive, and do good, Roma Khetarpal extracts the cutting-edge, science-supported mindful communication and emotional intelligence tools for this program from her award-winning book, The “Perfect” Parent.
Data-mining for the Mindful Bus Leaders’ Program
This program is designed to align with the following goals:
- Positively enhance the relationships among—and the experience of—bus drivers and children, individually and collectively.
- Provide staff with tools to enhance mindfulness and social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Successfully minimize the number of concerns from children, parents, and staff.
- Minimize the time spent by faculty and administrators in managing issues that arise during transportation, increasing the time value of money.
The program covers:
- In-depth training on emotional intelligence (EI) and mindful communication
- Perspective and education on the research behind children’s self-confidence and emotional management
- Hands-on tools customized to resolve the challenges school bus drivers face
- Worksheets (interactive and individual) based on real-life issues that school bus drivers face
- A Toolkit that includes the above worksheets and a complete take-home toolbox
- A Mini Tool Badge with overarching at-a-glance tools
- Action Tool Cards—with expanded specific directions—that can be stored in the glove compartment of the bus
In this program, which kicked off with great success in the Sulphur Springs Union School District (SSUSD), Roma guides attendees interactively through 5 steps. She looks at the most challenging school bus issues and explores how to use mindful communication and emotional intelligence to solve them.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES;
- Two 3-hour sessions (with an hour lunch break)
- A pre-program data-mining session
“Upon completion of the Mindful Bus Leaders’ Program, we had minimal write-ups for student misbehavior. I believe this type of training is so beneficial to our drivers. It gives them perspective, and the tools allow them to connect with the students they transport.” – Danielle Cuevas, Transportation Manager, Sulphur Springs School District, Santa Clarita, California
Bus Driver Testimonials:
“I learned so many great tools that I will use on my bus to keep rolling along safely.”
“I’m excited that I now have tools to help with my students’ behaviors. I really valued all the live examples and videos.”
“I received an abundance of information that apply to my job and personal life! I value the toolbox and the book. I can reference them when I need reminders.”
“Roma is a great teacher, and I received easy, applicable tools. I now value more what I do and how I contribute.”
“I thought this would be another workshop about driving. But wow! I learned lots of valuable information and tools in this workshop. I never realized how being mindful can be helpful for me and for the kids. I really appreciate Roma’s passion for teaching and her knowledge.“
“I took away a lot of good information. I knew some of this already, but this course really helped me understand my students and their emotions better.”
“I had no expectations coming into this workshop, but I walked away with plenty of great information on how to be positive and kind. I learned different ways to approach students non-defensively. To hear that my job is important is very gratifying. Roma knew exactly what our role and experience is like. Loved the real-life examples and her kindness, patience, and compassion.”
“I was expecting to learn something about leadership. The program exceeded all my hopes! I received a plethora of insights and methods. Very exciting! I really value the take-home materials.”
Please contact us for more information and to discuss having Roma bring The Mindful Bus Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Workshop to your school district. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools of Growth also offers mindful communication and emotional intelligence workshops for recess staff, before- and after-school staff, teachers, and administrators as well as junior lifeguard instructors and camp counselors.
Get the book!
Get simple communication tools in Roma Khetarpal's book, The "Perfect" Parent.Learn More...