School Bus/Transportation Programs
Mindful Bus Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Program for School Bus Drivers
Bringing science-supported tools of mindful communication and emotional intelligence to your school’s transportation department, The Mindful Bus Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Program is a customized workshop designed to empower, teach, support, and equip school bus drivers. The way we talk, interact, and manage emotions is critical to a child’s growth, learning, and life success. In keeping with her purpose and passion to raise kids to be happy, think positive, and do good, Roma Khetarpal extracts the cutting-edge, science-supported mindful communication and emotional intelligence tools for this program from her award-winning book, The “Perfect” Parent.
Data-mining for the Mindful Bus Leaders’ Program
This program is designed to align with the following goals:
- Positively enhance the relationships among—and the experience of—bus drivers and children, individually and collectively.
- Provide staff with tools to enhance mindfulness and social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Successfully minimize the number of concerns from children, parents, and staff.
- Minimize the time spent by faculty and administrators in managing issues that arise during transportation, increasing the time value of money.
The program covers:
- In-depth training on emotional intelligence (EI) and mindful communication
- Perspective and education on the research behind children’s self-confidence and emotional management
- Hands-on tools customized to resolve the challenges school bus drivers face
- Worksheets (interactive and individual) based on real-life issues that school bus drivers face
- A Toolkit that includes the above worksheets and a complete take-home toolbox
- A Mini Tool Badge with overarching at-a-glance tools
- Action Tool Cards—with expanded specific directions—that can be stored in the glove compartment of the bus
In this program, which kicked off with great success in the Sulphur Springs Union School District (SSUSD), Roma guides attendees interactively through 5 steps. She looks at the most challenging school bus issues and explores how to use mindful communication and emotional intelligence to solve them.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES;
- Two 3-hour sessions (with an hour lunch break)
- A pre-program data-mining session
Please contact us for more information and to discuss having Roma bring The Mindful Bus Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Workshop to your school district. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools of Growth also offers mindful communication and emotional intelligence workshops for recess staff, before- and after-school staff, teachers, and administrators as well as junior lifeguard instructors and camp counselors.
Get the book!
Get simple communication tools in Roma Khetarpal's book, The "Perfect" Parent.Learn More...