Junior Lifeguard Instructors and Camp Counselor Programs
Mindful Play Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Program for Junior Lifeguard Instructors and Camp Counselors
Bringing science-supported tools of Mindful Communication and Emotional Intelligence to your programs and camps, the Mindful Play Leaders’ Lead to Succeed Program is a customized workshop designed to empower, teach, support, and equip Junior Lifeguard Instructors and Camp Counselors. The way we talk, interact, and manage emotions is critical to a child’s growth, learning, and life success. Aligning with her purpose and passion to raise kids to be happy, think positive, and do good, Roma Khetarpal extracts the cutting-edge science-supported, mindful communication, and emotional intelligence tools for this program from her award-winning book, The “Perfect” Parent.
This program is designed to align with the following goals:
- Positively enhance the relationships among—and the experience of—Camp Counselors, Junior Lifeguard Instructors, Program Coordinators and children, individually and collectively.
- Provide staff with tools to enhance mindfulness and social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Successfully minimize the number of concerns from children, parents, and staff.
- Minimize the time spent by faculty and administrators in managing issues that arise during instruction time, lunch, and play time, increasing the time value of money.
The program covers …
• In depth training on Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Mindful Communication
• Perspective and education on the research behind outdoor activities and children’s self-confidence and the importance of play
• Hands-on tools customized to resolve the challenges Program Directors face with staff and the children they lead
• Worksheets (interactive and individual) with real-life issues facing Junior Lifeguard Instructors and Camp Counselors
• A Tool of Growth Toolkit that includes the worksheets and a complete take-home toolbox
This program kicked off with great success in the Saugus Union School District (SUSD) and the Newhall School District (NSD) in Santa Clarita, California with Administrators, Recess Staff, and Before & After School Staff and is now in demand by Summer Camp Directors and Lifeguard Program Directors. Roma guides the attendees through her 5 steps and interactively looks at the most challenging camp issues and how to use mindful communication and emotional intelligence to solve them.
- 3-4 hour Session (with a 15 minute break)
- A pre-program data mining session
Please contact us to find out more information and to discuss having Roma bring this workshop to your area. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in learning more about bringing this type of workshop to your school, take a look at our School Programs.
Get the book!
Get simple communication tools in Roma Khetarpal's book, The "Perfect" Parent.Learn More...